Almond Butter Oat Protein Pals

by linda

Hello – I have a great and healthy recipe I would like to share with you today.  Almond Butter Oat Protein Balls.  They are delicious as well as nutritious!  They will satisfy the sweet tooth.  My husband loves them and will eat them for dessert 🙂  Give them a try and let me know what you think.  They have chocolate  in them which makes everything better in my opinion!  The recipe is as follows:

Almond Butter Protein Pals

2 cups old fashioned oats

3/4 cup sliced almonds

1/2 unsweetened coconut

1/4 cup flax seeds

1/4 cup chia seeds

1 cup chopped dried berries

1 cup dark chocolate chips

1/2 cup honey

two or three tablespoons maple syrup

1 cup almond butter

1/4 cup protein powder (your choice – I use Sun Warrior)

2 teaspoons vanilla

1/8 teaspoon salt

Toast the oats and sliced almonds in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes or so (stir occationally).  Then add the flaxseeds, chia seeds and unsweetened coconut and toast for a couple more minutes.  In a large bowl, combine the honey, maple syrup, almond butter, protein powder, vanilla and salt.  Stir until combined.  Add the oats, nuts, seeds and coconut mixture to the almond butter mixture and stire until combined.  Add the dried fruit and chocolate chips and mix until well coated.  Please mixture in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or so and then roll into balls.  Enjoy!  Please let me know what you think.

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Danielle @ clean food creativefitness August 7, 2012 at 12:54 pm

These look delicious! Thanks for checking out my blog today!

linda August 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thank you so much and you are welcome! Have a healthy day!

Jenna August 16, 2012 at 11:59 am

Wow! I was lucky enough to have one of these shared with me today. It was delicious and I’m tempted to go snag the others. Thanks for sharing the recipe and I’m excited to make them soon.

linda August 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Thank you so much!

Joanne August 17, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Thanks so much for posting this recipe! I loved them when I tasted them…sweet, chocolaty, ansd the fact that they are full of protein is just an added BONUS! I can’t wait to make them with the girls as I am sure they will love them as well. As always, we love getting fit with Aunt Linda!

kalli August 20, 2012 at 4:30 pm

these look so awesome! love your site and you look fabulous for bing in your 50’s holy moly girl! i will add you to my blog roll 🙂 also ar eyou on twitter or instagram?

linda August 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Thank you!! I am on twitter – LindaPickert – and I need to get on instagram. Thank you for your kind words. I am adding you as well. Have a healthy day!