How to Eat Clean
- Eat several times a day. Aim for eating 5-6 small meals each day consisting of 200 – 300 calories. You should try and eat every 2-3 hours, as this will keep your metabolic rate up and your body will burn more fat.
- Eat simple foods in their natural states. Avoid processed, boxed or otherwise tampered with foods.
- Eat a lean protein and complex carbohydrate at each meal.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water each day. It is important to stay hydrated, especially when you are exercising.
- Breakfast is important so don’t skip it. When you skip meals, your metabolism slows down.
- Make sure you include essential fatty acids each day. These are the good fats that your body needs on a daily basis. Fish is an ideal source.
- Make sure you eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grains.